Fort Sill is the home of the U.S. Army and Marine Field Artillery schools, and also serves as the home of the U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery. The post is designated as a historical landmark and was originally founded in the late 1800s by Maj. Gen. Phillip H. Sheridan.
Fort Sill hosts approximately 53,000 military and civilian personnel and families. Because of this large population, the post has brought culture, diversity and opportunities to the area. Fort Sill has a variety of activities and attractions as well as support for its military members and their families.
Some of the attractions on Fort Sill for registered visitors include:
- Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area (LETRA)
- The Ft. Sill MWR - host and support for many events
- Independent sport leagues
- Fort Sill National Historic Museum
- U.S. Army Artillery Museum
- Geronimo's Gravesite